Windows 10 Slow Restart and Shutdown - Windows 10 Support - BleepingComputer

Hello!

I recently noticed that my PC takes a long time to restart OR shutdown.

Booting it up after shutdown is really fast, around 15 seconds. But, when I restart or shutdown the PC it takes around 3-4 minutes. During the process, the blue screen with the spinning circle is visible.

I am not exactly sure when this started happening, but I used to be able to restart my PC in well under a minute, boot included.

I have tried system restore, disabling fast boot (it was disabled to begin with, but I tried enable-restart-disable-restart), disabling startup items and services... No success.

I also checked the event log, especially for 103 and 203 errors and warnings and found none.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro 21H2 build 19044.1766

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ZLUDA v2 Released For Drop-In CUDA On Intel Graphics - Phoronix

Google chrome crashed and now laptop is running very slowly. Malware? - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help - BleepingComputer

Google chrome crashed and now laptop is running very slowly. Malware? - Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Help - BleepingComputer